Monday, July 25, 2011

Working Memory free in the title now

More fiddling with the source code resulted in some extra text in the title bar. A little bit more like the original Amiga OS but more importantly, a way for me to easily watch the battery life and volume.

The way I achieved this is to have amiwm read a text file and display the result in the menu. Then I have another script that populates the file with what ever I need at the time. Ugly I know, but it means flexibility and works for me in the short term. Eventually I'll polish the code and make it more user friendly and cleaner.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Good work! How did you do this? I've got Linux Debian with amiwm now. Can you give me a amiwmrc-file? How to set a background? Please help me :) gacojdm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see someone else experimenting with AmiWM. I've posted some information on the configuration. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you achieve the battery status in the bar? i would love to have that. Also how do you get things like full screen flash (youtube) to not draw borders? In vlc i can use the SDL output and that works fine for fullscreenm but not so much luck with flash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minor hacks at this stage. Found where the title bar code was and added my own battery code to it. For Fullscreen, that is a very poor hack where I added a fullscreen check box to the menu and then check (once ticked) for any window which is full screen and just prevent the window borders from being drawn.

    ReplyDelete