Monday, July 18, 2011

Early progress using amiwm and ubuntu 10.04

I managed to compile the latest snapshot of amiwm which has a launcher plugin that I've used for workbench icons linked to rox-filer for home, root and ramdisk.

Although it is a bit rough, I've modified amiwm to check for usb drive insertion and places an icon on the desktop when this occurs. The eject is via the workbench menu and when selected, makes the icon disappear and un-mounts the drive correctly.

This screenshot shows amiwm set up with two screens, shell, rox-filer, minimized application (deluxe paint clone) and a usb drive.



I've also made a video of some of the features I'm testing;




NB: I had to hit eject twice because umount does not work while you have drawer open.

1 comment:

  1. Did you contribute your changes back to amiwm? :-) I'm asking because I'm interested in that manager.

    ReplyDelete